The first dates can be very un-nerving; it can make even the brave ones silent and shy, which induces mistakes that are quite embarrassing. Such situation can create the chance of blowing away the opportunity of subsequent dates. Here are some tips that will help you make your first date successful with the added bonus of creating a good impression as well.
- Be on time – you will not like to disappoint your date by reaching late. Either the person will think that you are tardy and will leave before you arrive.
- Make him feel comfortable – as it is, the first date is always edgy, therefore you should relax and be calm and try to make him the same in order to enjoy the date.
- Try to be interesting – do not turn up for a date with a third person whose presence will turn the situation awkward creating a scene when it will be like as though you were alone.
- Laugh at jokes – laughing even when listening to stale jokes will give the impression that you are interested in him.
- Converse lively – waiting for him to speak out might deepen the silence. Both of you might be waiting for the other to take the first step which can prolong the silence and make the date boring. It will be best if you can have a few questions ready before you come for the date.
- Take interest – show your interest in your date by listening carefully when he is speaking. Bring out your interest by asking questions here and there regarding his passions and other interests.
- Find a different place – you need not stick to the typical movie theater or a restaurant for your first date. Use your creativity and find a place that will be the first for both of you.
- Be confident – confidence plays a big role in a date and reveals a lot about a person. If you are confident you will be able to sail through your first date smoothly which will make him feel comfortable with you as well.
- Be yourself – show your real self to him and let him make the choice about you in all your glory and faults. If you pretend to be someone you are not, a time will come when your real self will automatically be revealed, if you decide to continue your relationship. Therefore, it will be wise that you show your real self and let him make the choice.
- Stay safe – When you go on your first date, you should let your friends know the details of your date including the venue. You should carry your cell phone with you.
- Don’t Be late – don’t destroy the first impression and tag yourself as lazy by being late for the date.
- Don’t Brag – speak less about yourself ask more question about him.
- Don’t talk about past relationship – this is taboo, avoid talking about it otherwise it will turn him off.
- Eat properly – If in a restaurant, do not eat with your mouth open, its gross.
- Don’t ask personal question – skirt asking too personal questions. In your first date don’t reveal too much and also don’t ask too many personal details.
- Be yourself – do not impersonate, let him get the real picture and decide what he wants.
- Marriage and kids – do not be in a hurry to propose marriage and kids thereafter, it will turn him off.
- No sex – If you have been rejected, do not propose sex again and make yourself cheap.
- Thank you – after the dates don’t forget to thank him for the great time, this shows good manners.
- No drinks – control your drinking if drinks have been proposed, you might lose control of yourself and spoil the whole show.
Categories: First Date Tags:
Getting dressed up for your first date is rather tricky, you are not aware of the tastes of the person. If you presume that your dress will give away your personality, then the task become more complex.
Five ideas are discussed here that can save the day for you.
1. Overdressing – this you should avoid in order to make an impression on your date. Whatever dress you choose, wear it and see how you feel wearing it. If you feel ugly then discard it and in case you feel comfortable and good about yourself, wear it. Since this is an informal affair you need to avoid wearing any formals.
2. Comfortable dress – first date already is a tension affair therefore you should not wear something that will be uncomfortable and make you self conscious to the point that it destroys your date. If you intend to wear a new dress and have doubts about its being comfortable, you can wear it an hour or so before the date and get used to it. You might want to look catchy and cute but if the dress is not comfortable, you can wear it for your subsequent dates.
3. Be considerate – when getting dressed up for your first date you should also consider the taste and preferences of your date. Say, for example, if you are dating a simple guy you should also dress up simple in order to match with your date. This can set up the date on a positive note. However, whatever dress you wear it should be comfortable.
4. Comfortable shoes – though an important part of your outfit shoes are generally not given much importance when you dress up. Your shoes should match with your dress very well. The shoes should also be very comfortable, who knows, you might both want to take a long walk on your first date.
5. Dress as per venue – this is an important point. You need to choose your dress in harmony with the occasion or the venue. If you are going to witness a sporting event you need to wear dress that befits the occasion, like wearing a t-shirt, jeans and hat. And in case you are having a dinner date then some kind of classic dress will be appropriate.
You should opt more for the dress in which you look pretty. Wanting to look sexy might tempt you, however wearing your micro-minis and see-through tops on the first date will not be appropriate, you can save them for some other romantic moments.
Categories: First Date Tags: